Next week is Safer Internet Week -
Remember these top tips about using the internet safety
Top e-safety tips
- Passwords - always keep your id and password secret. Change your password if you think someone knows it. “Treat your password like your toothbrush”.
- Never give out personal information such as real name, password, phone number address or school - use nicknames if you need to.
- Be careful what you post. Be careful about what you say in chatrooms, remember whatever you post stays there (digital footprint).
- Never agree to meet anyone in person that you know from online - it may be an adult posing as a child. (if you do, make sure it’s in a public place and take your parents with you).
- Don’t share photos that are private between you and your friends.
- Tell your parents if you feel uncomfortable or if you are being bullied online -Don’t answer something that makes you uncomfortable: Don’t respond, save message, tell and adult.
- Don’t download and install any software without asking your parents.
- Don’t open any email if you don’t know who it is from, even if it addressed to you (it could send a virus to your computer.
For more information:
Do you know anything about this symbol?
Find out more from the CEOP site.